BLESSING BAGS FOR 'THE WAY HOME'
These one-gallon bags filled with personal-size items which those at The Way Home referred to on their Facebook page as “Dignity Bags,” are given to prisoners in re-entry to the community. If there is an abundance of bags, we will now also share them with our Selbyville Middle School children, some of whom have a parent who is incarcerated.
Ten-cent reusable bags are available from local grocery stores into which the one-gallon bags can be placed. They’re easy to carry and won’t draw attention to the person carrying them; plus, they can add other items to the bag.
If you want to participate in this ministry, please place donations into the Blessing Bags bin in Memorial Hall. All supplies can be purchased at the Dollar Tree where everything truly is only $1.00. Please refer to the following list of needed items. Thank you for your generosity.
List of items for Blessing Bags
2. Toothpaste, toothbrush, and toothbrush holder
3. Washcloth (As a personal touch, I crochet those that I put in my bags.)
4. Body wash
6. A few adhesive bandages
8. Disposable mask
10. Hand sanitizer
11. Hand lotion and a couple emery boards
12. Granola bars, peanut butter or cheese crackers, cans of tuna, chicken, or Vienna sausages with pop-top lids, water or juice
13. Plastic utensils
14. Small packages of tissues
15. A ballpoint pen and small note pad